These Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars are the perfect festive treat. We made ours with chocolate chips and of course, Cupid’s Mix M&Ms for a delicious, chewy cookie bar that is so easy to make.
Why you’ll love these M&M Cookie Bars
- They are so cute and festive for Valentine’s Day with the fun M&M’s – perfect for adding to lunch boxes, or even for an afternoon snack, Valentine’s day parties for a class, or homemade gift.
- They’re so simple to make. Don’t let cookie bars intimidate you, it doesn’t get easier than this recipe.
Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Valentine’s Day Cupid’s Mix M&Ms
- Extra chocolate chips & M&Ms for the top of the bars
For a detailed list of ingredients and full instructions, see the printable recipe card below.
To make these M&M cookie bars, here’s what you’ll need-
- Two large mixing bowls
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- A 9×13 inch pan
- Parchment paper or foil
- A cake spatula
How to make Chewy Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars
Prep- Preheat your oven to 325, and line your 9×13 baking dish with the parchment paper or foil. Set aside. If you use foil, give it a spritz with some non-stick cooking spray.
Mix- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until smooth. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and cream those together with the butter, for about 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
Dry Ingredients- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, and salt.
Combine- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. You’ll still have some flour spots left.
Add the chocolate- Add the chocolate chips and M&M candies, folding everything together until your dough forms and the candy is distributed throughout.
Press into the pan- Press the dough evenly into your prepared baking sheet. It may be easiest to use your hands for this part.
Add some extra candies- Before baking, press some extra chocolate chips and M&Ms into the top of the dough.
Bake- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the bars are beginning to turn golden brown on top.
Cool- After baking, allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, then remove them from the pan and cut into squares.
Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars Tips & Tricks
- Make the bars thinner by using a larger baking pan, such as a jelly roll pan. Reduce your bake time slightly for thinner bars.
- Customize your cookie bars by adding any mix-in’s that you love- white chocolate chips, nuts, and other candies are all great options.
- Swap the base dough in this recipe for a sugar cookie or peanut butter cookies variety to really change these up.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, for up to one week.
More Valentine’s Recipes You’ll Love
Our Valentine’s Day Oreo Balls are another fun and festive treat. We dipped these in vanilla almond bark, topped with a drizzle of red candy and heart sprinkles!
These Valentine’s Pretzel Candies are made with Hershey Hugs sandwiched between two pretzels and dipped in vanilla candy melts!
For a fun and festive drink, try these pink Love Potion Floats made with ice cream and strawberry soda!
For another sweet treat check out our delicious Valentine’s Day Chex Mix.
Our Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms take the traditional blossom cookie, and top them with peanut butter hearts!
Our Valentine’s Day Milkshake is a cute and festive pink strawberry milkshake topped with whipped cream and Valentine’s sprinkles.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Valentine's Day M&Ms
- *Reserve some extra chocolate chips & M&Ms to press into the top of the cookie bars.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or foil, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, and cream those together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined, with some flour spots left. *The dough will finish coming together when we fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms, and fold the dough until everything is combined and your cookie dough has formed.
- Press the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of your pan, in an even layer.
- Press a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips into the top of the bars.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the bars are beginning to turn golden brown on top.
- Allow the bars to cool completely, and cut into squares.
**For thinner bars, use a larger pan, such as a half baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.