These cute little hot dog mummies make the most perfect Halloween dinner. Whip up these Mummy dogs for Halloween fast and easy on Halloween night for a fun dinner to make sure that everyone gets something to eat besides candy! These are also a super easy and fun treat for your next Halloween party.
Mummy Dog Ingredients:
- 1 pack of hot dogs (you can use regular hot dogs, or bun length!)
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- Ketchup or Mustard (or other dipping sauce you love)
Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Roll out your crescent roll dough onto a cutting board. Press perforations together and use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut the crescent triangles into thin strips of dough.
Step 3: Take the pieces of dough and wrap them around the hot dogs to create your mummies.
Step 4: Place the wrapped mummy dogs onto your prepared baking sheet.
Step 5: Bake according to the crescent roll package instructions (about 10-12 minutes), until the crescent dough starts to turn golden brown.
Step 6: After baking, add a couple of dots of ketchup or dots of mustard for the mummy eyes.
Take these up a notch-
- You can also add a slice of cheese. Slice the cheese slices into 3rds, and wrap a small piece around the hot dog before you wrap the crescent rolls, to make cheesy mummy dogs. Make sure to spray your parchment with nonstick cooking spray so that the melted cheese doesn’t stick!
- Add candy eyeballs to your dots of ketchup to really bring out the mummy’s face.
I don’t know about you, but dinner is an afterthought for my kids on Halloween. We eat these every year before trick or treating, and it ensures that we all have a fun night, and nobody is cranky while we’re out. Plus, it softens the candy high a little bit, when they get back home and dive into all of their goodies.
Mummy Dog FAQ’s-
How do you reheat a mummy dog?
You can heat these back up in the oven. Just preheat to 350 degrees, and heat for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
How do I store the leftovers?
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can I use crescent dough sheets to make Mummy dogs for Halloween?
Yes! Just same concept, and follow the package directions for your baking temperature and time.
If you love these Halloween mummy dogs, you might also like these other fun Halloween recipes-
- 1 (8 ct.) pack of hot dogs
- 1 (8 ct.) pack of crescent rolls
- Ketchup, mustard, whatever condiments you prefer
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Unroll my crescents onto a cutting board and cut them into skinny strips. (I use a pizza cutter for this part.)
Wrap the strips of crescent roll around the hot dogs.
Bake 11-12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.