If you need an easy, but delicious breakfast to whip up for your family, consider these delicious breakfast crescent rolls. This is a super easy recipe for a fun, handheld breakfast option that has just what your family needs to tackle the day ahead. We kept our crescents super easy, they are made with sausage links, eggs, and cheese. Of course, you can customize your crescents however you like with different meat, cheese, and even veggie options.
Why You’ll Love This Crescent Roll Breakfast Recipe
- It is so simple! These are easy to make, even on a busy weekday morning you can put these together and have them baked in 30 minutes or less.
- They’re portable! Once these have baked and cooled some you can easily grab one on the way out the door, if needed, or pack them to reheat and enjoy at work.
- These can be made ahead for a pre-prepared breakfast you can reheat in the microwave! They’re perfect for making breakfast for the whole week in one go.
How to Make Crescent Roll Breakfast Crescents
- Salt and Pepper
- Crescent Roll Dough – we used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls!
- Sausage Links- precooked!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Melted Butter
For a full detailed list of ingredients and step by step directions, see our printable recipe card below.
Prep- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and unroll the crescent dough onto a cutting board. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, if needed, and set aside.
Make the eggs- In a large mixing bowl, whisk up your scrambled eggs by combining the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Beat the eggs until scrambled. Cook in a large skillet, over medium heat, until cooked through to your liking. Don’t break your scrambled eggs up into small pieces, you want larger chunks to hold better in your crescent rolls.
Add the eggs to the crescents- Separate your crescent rolls into 8 separate triangles, and divide the cooked scrambled egg mixture between them. Concentrate on putting the eggs more towards the wider end of the crescents.
Add cheese- Divide the remaining cheese among the crescents, sprinkling over the scrambled eggs.
Add sausage- Place one pre-cooked breakfast sausage link into each crescent.
Wrap them up- Wrap the crescent rolls by bringing the smaller triangle end up and over the wider end, and fold the corners of the wider end over, pinching everything together to seal it in. Move the prepared rolls over to your baking sheet. You can completely seal the crescents if you wish my stretching the edges of the dough and pinching together.
Brush with butter- Brush some melted butter over the tops of each roll.
Bake- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, until the crescent rolls begin to turn golden brown.
How to Store and Reheat
Store and refrigerate these breakfast crescent rolls in an airtight container, and microwave on 30 second increments, checking to see if they are warmed through, to reheat. Alternatively, you could reheat these in the oven of air fryer at 350 for just a few minutes. These make a great make-ahead breakfast that you can prepare at the start of the week and reheat each morning.
You can essentially stuff your crescents with any fully cooked breakfast foods. The baking time is just for baking the crescent rolls, so anything else pre-cooked could easily be subbed.
- Ham and cheese would make a great alternative with the scrambled eggs.
- You can also add some finely chopped vegetables, like onions or bell peppers.
- Eggs and bacon would also be a delicious combination.
- You can also add any seasoning you like to your scrambled eggs- garlic powder, additional salt or pepper, etc..
- Use different cheeses to get a different flavor from these rolls, consider a spicier pepper jack cheese.
- Consider a different sausage type- think turkey or chicken sausage, as long as the links are cooked before hand.
- We love these easy stuffed crescent rolls for a delicious savory breakfast. They are the perfect breakfast or brunch treat.
More Breakfast Favorites
These easy Sausage and Gravy English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas are a fun recipe that you can make right in the air fryer! Make them with our perfect sausage gravy recipe!
Our easy make-ahead Bisquick Breakfast Bake is a delicious breakfast casserole you might enjoy.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) can of crescent rolls
- 8 sausage links (pre-cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. Melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Onto a large cutting board, unroll crescent rolls. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, ½ cup shredded cheese, and salt and pepper, as desired for the scrambled eggs.
- Cook in a large skillet, over medium heat, until scrambled and cooked through.
- Divide the eggs evenly among the rolls, concentrating the eggs towards the wider end of each crescent.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese onto crescent rolls, dividing evenly.
- Add a sausage link to each roll.
- Loosely roll up the crescent rolls, bringing the skinny end up and over, then under the wider end. Wrap the other two triangle ends around and pinch together to hold everything in place.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the rolls onto the pan. Brush the rolls with melted butter.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until crescents are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.