This Pumpkin Crack Cake is a delicious and fun dessert that is perfect any time of year, but we typically enjoy it during Fall, and especially Thanksgiving. This is another easy pumpkin dump cake recipe that pumpkin fans will love, for sure. The cake is a mix of yellow cake, traditional pumpkin pie, and crunchy pecan filled topping. It is perfect served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or cool whip!
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this recipe-
- This Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the perfect mix of cake and pumpkin pie, making for the perfect easy pumpkin dessert. We love an easy dump cake recipe, and this is definitely a favorite.
- The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make. True to the dump cake name, you simply layer the ingredients into your cake dish and bake! We only need one large bowl, and that is to mix the pumpkin pie mixture. It doesn’t get easier than that.
- We love the crunchy pecans on top of this cake. The whole top will get baked into crunchy goodness that is perfect combined with the smooth pumpkin pie and cake.
- Pumpkin Puree – make sure that you grab the pure pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. It’s not the same and won’t work for this recipe.
- White Sugar – feel free to use all granulated sugar, or divide between regular and brown sugar, if you prefer.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – all the spices you need in one, easy peasy!
- Eggs – 4 large eggs are needed for this recipe.
- Evaporated Milk – you’ll need one can.
- Yellow Dry Cake Mix – you just need the cake mix for this recipe, we don’t need any of the ingredients from the back of the box.
- Chopped Pecans – no need to toast the pecans, they are going to bake right on top of the cake.
- Unsalted Butter
For the full list of ingredients and amounts, see our recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk. Whisk together until smooth.
Step 3: Pour the pumpkin mixture into the 9×13 inch pan.
Step 4: Sprinkle cake mix over top of the pumpkin layer and gently smooth out evenly.
Step 5: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, then drizzle the melted butter over top of the cake mix.
Step 6: Sprinkle the pecans over top.
Step 7: Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check after about 50 minutes, if the pecans are getting too dark, tent the cake with foil for the last bit of bake time.
Allow the cake to cool a bit, and serve warm with ice cream.
- For best results when baking, use room temperature ingredients- such as your eggs and butter.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.
- Experiment with the toppings on this cake. You could substitute a different nut, add chocolate chips, or any other toppings you like. After baking, you could drizzle caramel sauce over top of the cake for a sweet addition.
- You could substitute the yellow cake mix for white cake mix, if needed.
- If the top starts to get too dark, tent with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
This is an easy cake that is perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table, or to make just because it is pumpkin season.
Save this recipe for later. Click the image below to pin to Pinterest!
You might also like these other great pumpkin desserts-
Our Pumpkin Earthquake Cake is another fun dump cake made with crunchy toasted coconut and pecans, and yummy chocolate chips. If you love earthquake cakes, you will love our pumpkin version.
This Pumpkin Magic Cake is another deliciously moist pumpkin cake recipe that has a layer of cake and a layer of pumpkin pie, topped with a wonderful cream cheese frosting.
Our Pumpkin Lasagna dessert has layers of pumpkin pudding and cheesecake for a delicious cold pumpkin dessert.
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk.
- Pour that mixture into the 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over top of the pumpkin mixture and gently smooth out evenly.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, then drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans over top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check after about 50 minutes, if the pecans are getting too dark, tent the cake with foil for the last bit of bake time.
- Allow the cake to cool a bit, and serve warm with ice cream.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.