Buckeye brownies are a delightful combination of two classic desserts – rich, fudgy brownies and creamy peanut butter buckeyes. This irresistible treat combines the best of both worlds, with a dense and indulgent brownie base topped with a smooth layer of peanut butter filling and a decadent chocolate ganache. The result is a truly indulgent dessert that is guaranteed to satisfy even the most intense sweet tooth. Whether you’re a fan of traditional buckeyes or classic brownies, this Buckeye Brownies recipe is sure to be a hit.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- You’ll love Buckeye Brownies because of the perfect combination of rich, fudgy brownie and smooth, creamy peanut butter topping.
- The brownie layer is dense and chocolatey, with just the right amount of chewiness. It serves as the perfect base for the decadent peanut butter layer, which is made with real peanut butter and powdered sugar to create a creamy, sweet filling that melts in your mouth.
- The contrast of textures and flavors is truly irresistible.
- Additionally, the dessert is easy to make and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
Whether you’re a fan of traditional buckeye candies or just love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, Buckeye Brownies are sure to become a new favorite. They are great for parties, potlucks, or just as a special treat for yourself. Once you try them, you’ll understand why they’re so beloved by brownie and peanut butter lovers alike.
Buckeye Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- Fudge Brownie Box Mix
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
For detailed ingredients and instructions, see our printable recipe card below.
How to Make Buckeye Brownies
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, prepare brownies according to box directions.
Step 3: Pour brownie mix into the pan and bake according to box directions (20-25 mins).
Step 4: Allow the brownies to cool completely.
Step 5: In a mixing bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until well combined.
Step 6: Drop the peanut butter mixture over the brownies in small spoonfuls.
Step 7: Use a spatula or butter knife to evenly spread the peanut butter mixture over the brownies.
Step 8: In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips on 30 second intervals, stirring well between each set, until melted. Stir in heavy cream.
Step 9: Pour frosting over the peanut butter layer, and spread evenly.
Step 10: Chill the brownies in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Can I use any type of peanut butter for the buckeye brownies recipe?
It is recommended to use natural peanut butter for the perfect consistency and flavor in the buckeye brownies recipe.
How should I store leftover buckeye brownies?
You can store the buckeye brownies in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them fresh and delicious for several days.
What is the best way to create an even layer of chocolate topping on the brownies?
The best way to create an even layer of chocolate topping on the brownies is to pour the melted chocolate over the cooled brownies and spread it using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
What is the best way to enjoy buckeye brownies?
The best way to enjoy buckeye brownies is to let them cool completely and then cut them into bars. Serve them as a delightful treat for dessert or as a sweet snack with a glass of milk.
Can I add extra toppings to buckeye brownies?
Yes, you can definitely add extra toppings to your buckeye brownies to customize them to your liking. Some popular options for extra toppings include chopped nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even a drizzle of caramel or fudge. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to take your buckeye brownies to the next level. Just be mindful of how much extra toppings you add, as too many may affect the texture and baking time of the brownies. But feel free to have fun and make your buckeye brownies your own!
Can I freeze buckeye brownies?
Yes, you can definitely freeze buckeye brownies. To do so, make sure they are completely cooled before wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer-safe container. This will help prevent freezer burn and keep them fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply let the brownies thaw at room temperature or warm them up in the oven for a few minutes.
Can I make the buckeye brownie layer from scratch?
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite homemade brownie recipe instead of the boxed mix.
Do I use milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet for buckeye brownies?
We used milk chocolate chips! For a little less sweetness, you could certainly use semi-sweet, but we love the combination of the milk chocolate and peanut butter.
Do buckeye brownies need to be refrigerated?
They don’t! While they’ll definitely last longer in the refrigerator, they can be left out at room temperature in an airtight container. I do recommend trying these brownies cold, however, if you are a person that enjoys cold candies and chocolate, it gives a nice twist to the texture.
More Easy Desserts
This Hot Chocolate Lasagna combines layers of chocolate and cheesecake for a delicious no-bake dessert.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients from the back of the box
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 10 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp. Heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare brownies according to box directions.
- Pour brownie mix into the pan and bake according to box directions (20-25 mins).
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Drop the peanut butter mixture over the brownies in small spoonfuls.
- Use a spatula or butter knife to evenly spread the peanut butter mixture over the brownies.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips on 30 second intervals, stirring well between each set, until melted. Stir in heavy cream.
- Pour frosting over the peanut butter layer, and spread evenly.
- Chill the brownies in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.