If you’re looking for a hearty and comforting meal that practically cooks itself, then look no further than Crockpot Ground Beef Stroganoff. This classic dish is made even easier with the use of a slow cooker, allowing you to throw in the ingredients and let them simmer away to perfection. The combination of tender ground beef and a creamy sauce makes for a deliciously satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
Not only is Crockpot Ground Beef Stroganoff easy to make, but it’s also incredibly versatile. You can serve it over egg noodles, rice, or even mashed potatoes for a filling and delicious dinner. And the best part? Leftovers taste even better the next day, making it a great option for meal prep. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a no-fuss weeknight meal, Crockpot Ground Beef Stroganoff is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe rotation.
Why we love this easy crockpot stroganoff
We love this easy slow cooker ground beef stroganoff for a few reasons.
- Firstly, it’s a convenient and hassle-free meal to prepare. All you have to do is brown the ground beef, throw it in the slow cooker with some onions, garlic, mushrooms, and seasonings, and let it cook on low for a few hours. This means you can set it and forget it, allowing you to go about your day without having to worry about constantly checking on the stove.
- The slow cooking process also allows the flavors to meld and develop, resulting in a rich and savory stroganoff that is incredibly satisfying.
- Additionally, this recipe is customizable to fit your preferences; you can adjust the seasonings, add vegetables, or even use a different type of protein.
- The creamy and comforting nature of this classic dish makes it a hit with both kids and adults, making it a go-to option for weeknight dinners or family gatherings. Plus, the leftovers tastes just as delicious the next day!
The Best Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff Ingredients
- Ground beef, browned – consider browning your beef ahead of time to save time when it comes to put this recipe together
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Onion soup mix
- Beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce – the perfect compliment to the beef flavors
- Crushed garlic
- Sour cream – adds just the right amount of creaminess to our sauce
- Egg noodles, for serving – or, rice or mashed potatoes!
If you are a big mushroom fan, feel free to add fresh mushrooms if you’d like more in your recipe.
How to make Hamburger Stroganoff in a Crock Pot
Step 1: Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray, or use a slow cooker liner.
Step 2: In your crock pot, add the ground beef, beef broth, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, and garlic.
Step 3: Cook on low for 4 hours- note the shorter cook time since our beef is already cooked in this recipe!
Step 4: 30 minutes before cooking has finished, add the sour cream and stir to combine. Check your stroganoff sauce here to see if you need to add any seasonings like salt and pepper. Then, prepare your egg noodles according to package directions.
This recipe is best served over egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Is There a Substitute for Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup for this Crockpot Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe?
If you’re looking for a substitute for condensed cream of mushroom soup in a crockpot ground beef stroganoff recipe, you have a few options. One alternative is to make your own cream of mushroom soup by sautéing mushrooms, onions, and garlic, and then adding a mixture of flour and beef broth to create a thick, creamy base.
Another option if you are not a fan of mushrooms is to use a can of cream of chicken soup instead, which will still provide a creamy texture and added flavor to the dish. You could also opt for a can of cream of celery soup or cream of potato soup to change up the flavor profile of the stroganoff. Whichever substitute you choose, be sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly to ensure the stroganoff maintains its rich and savory flavor.
Do I have to pre-cook the ground beef?
Yes! The ground beef must be pre-cooked before it goes into the crockpot.
What to serve with Ground Beef Stroganoff?
Ground Beef Stroganoff is a hearty and filling dish, so choosing the right side dishes to accompany it is key. To balance out the richness of the stroganoff, consider serving it with a light and crisp green salad tossed with a tangy vinaigrette. The acidity in the dressing will help cut through the creaminess of the stroganoff and refresh your palate.
Another great option is to serve it with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, or asparagus. The earthy flavors of the vegetables will complement the savory beef and creamy sauce perfectly.
No matter what you choose, the key is to balance the richness of the stroganoff with something light, refreshing, or complementary in flavor.
If you make this recipe, be sure and let us know how it goes in the comments. We love an easy recipe for busy weeknights, and this one certainly fits the bill. It is one of our family’s favorite recipes. It is the perfect comfort food during colder winter months, though we love ground beef stroganoff any time of year.
More slow cooker recipes –
Our Crockpot Chicken and Noodles is always a dinnertime favorite.
This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a great option if you need something warm to cook up for your family.
For a fun appetizer or dinner idea, try this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken (we turned it into sliders).
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- Splash of worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Crushed garlic
- ½ cup sour cream
- About 10 oz. egg noodles for serving
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- In your crock pot, combine browned ground beef, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking has finished, add sour cream and stir to combine. Then, prepare your egg noodles according to package directions.
- Serve ground beef stroganoff over egg noodles, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.