One of my favorite foods during the Fall season is sweet potatoes. I mean, let’s be honest- they’re kind of one of my favorite foods in every season. I have a few delicious sweet potato recipes headed your way in the next month or two, and we’re starting with this Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Brown Sugar. The bacon in this recipe is the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. These were amazing, and my whole family gobbled them up.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
I also love the fact that I can be cooking with sweet potatoes and make a ton of food with just a couple of potatoes. I made a whole entire pan of these chopped roasted sweet potatoes out of just two potatoes, it was crazy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these-
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 7 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
Here’s how to make them-
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes in olive oil
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed, set other 1/4 cup aside for topping
- Stir to coat the potatoes in the brown sugar
- Mix in chopped bacon
- Layer sweet potatoes and bacon evenly onto your baking sheet
- Bake 25-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender
- Once potatoes are cooked, sprinkle with additional brown sugar, if desired
This pan comes out of the oven greasy- hello olive oil and bacon! We took them out and used a slotted spatula to transfer the potatoes to a plate covered with a paper towel. This was a great way to absorb some of the excess oil before serving.
These will definitely be a Fall favorite side dish at our house. For a printable version of this recipe, see below.
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 7 strips of bacon chopped
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add chopped sweet potatoes and olive oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar over potatoes, and toss. Mix in chopped bacon.
- Pour potatoes and bacon in an even layer onto the baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and bacon is cooked through.
- Optional: sprinkle with additional brown sugar after baking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.